VulcanForms is an OEM of metal Additive Manufacturing (AM) systems within laser powder bed fusion.
Our location in Burlington, MA, seeks a Bookkeeper. This role aims to bring-in our Accounting function, which is currently being managed by a third-party service provider.
The successful candidate will be the first hire in the Accounting function and thus have an incredible opportunity to shape our Accounting system and process. You will have the chance to work with a fast-paced team in a rapidly growing organization.
- Manage day-to-day accounting operations, including Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Bookkeeping and account reconciliation
- Maintain a coherent system of accounts with a supporting filing system
- Assist in creating a robust and scalable cost and expense classification system
- Maintain fixed assets, depreciation records, and debt activity schedules.
- Liaise directly with vendors to set up accounts and contract management
- Managing accounts payable for all vendors and obtain Management approvals for payments
- Ensure invoices are recorded and paid on time
- Issue invoices to and collects from customers
- Reconciling reports to third-party records such as bank statements
- Prepare and manage monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements for executive teams and banks
- Assist with audits and reviews
- Work with an outside accounting firm to complete federal and state taxes
- Manage banking activities
- Special projects as assigned
- Bachelors or equivalent experience in Accountancy
- At least 5 years of Bookkeeping experience, preferably in the manufacturing industry
- Proficient in Quickbooks with a firm grasp of accounting principles and practices
- Familiarity with leading ERP/MRP systems
- Excellent knowledge of Financial Statements, Balance Sheets, General Ledgers
- Ability to work in a situation requiring attention to detail, coupled with a high level of multitasking and prioritization needed to meet aggressive deadlines
- Self-motivated, capable of setting and reaching ambitious goals
- Team player with excellent communication skills