As an Additive Manufacturing Specialist, you will have the unique opportunity to work with industrial-scale metal additive manufacturing (AM) machines. You will be part of the team that launches the world’s most productive additive manufacturing systems.
You will be responsible for setting up AM print jobs, verifying machine settings against production specifications, overseeing the print process and quality as the machine operates, creating post-build reports and delivering to timelines.
You will perform preventive routine maintenance on the machines, including calibration of laser, measurement and sensing systems, cleaning build volumes and optical components. You will also be expected to troubleshoot manufacturing hardware, provide training to new manufacturing staff and advise the engineering and management team on technical improvements and advancements.
Furthermore, you will be responsible for safely handling the metal powder before and after the build, this includes sieving, loading, part de-powdering, measuring, and safe storage. You will manage the life cycle of the metal powder material, maintaining part-powder traceability, as well as coordinating powder suppliers and powder recycling services.
Work with metal powder and high-power laser systems will require strict compliance to the safety protocol and proper use of personal protective equipment. You will evaluate and inspect manufactured parts using precision measurement equipment and will prepare specimen for quality control. You will be expected to contribute to the development and implementation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for safe and effective usage of all equipment.
In addition to operating the metal 3D printer, you will also operate, on an as-needed basis, equipment in the in-house machine shop, including manual and CNC machines and serve as a point of contact to outside machining services.
- US Citizen or Green Card Holder only
- Excited about new challenges in the metal additive manufacturing and working in a fast-paced startup environment, eager to learn new skills
- Self-motivated, capable of setting and reaching ambitious goals
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline including but not limited to mechanical, industrial, manufacturing, materials and electrical engineering
- Experience in operating and working with high-tech production machinery, i.e. CNC machines, additive manufacturing, robotic welding, CMM or similar
- Hands-on experience and demonstrated skills in root cause analysis, trouble shooting and solution assessment for complex tasks
- Team player with excellent communication skills
- Detail oriented, and well organized
- Frequently required to lift, push, pull and carry items up to 50 pounds
- Experience in handling metal powders and ability to wear a respirator for extended periods of time
- Experience with one or more AM-related technologies: laser welding, directed energy deposition (DED), powder bed fusion (PBF) is a plus
- Knowledge of CNC programming is a plus
- Experience with metal powders is a plus
- Experience with industrial manufacturing is a plus