As an Additive Manufacturing Specialist – 2nd Shift at our Headquarters in Burlington, MA, you will have a unique opportunity to work with industrial-scale metal additive manufacturing (AM) machines. You will be part of the team that launches the world’s most productive additive manufacturing system.
You will be responsible for setting up AM printing jobs, verifying machine settings to meet production specs, overseeing the printing process and quality as the machine operates, creating post-build reports and meeting delivery timelines.
You will perform routine and preventive maintenance on the machines, including source calibration, measurement and sensing systems, cleaning build volumes and optical components. You will also be expected to troubleshoot any machine related issues encountered during operations, provide training to new manufacturing personnel and suggest technical improvement and advancements to engineering and management team.
You will be also responsible for handling the metal powder before and after the build, which includes sieving, loading, part de-powdering, measuring, and safe storage. You will manage the life cycle of the metal powder material, maintaining part-powder traceability, as well as coordinating with powder suppliers and powder recycling services.
The work with metal powder and high-power systems will require strict compliance to the safety protocol and proper use of personal protective equipment. You will evaluate and inspect manufactured parts using precision measurement equipment and will prepare specimens for quality control. You are expected to contribute to the development and implementation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for safe and effective usage of all equipment.
In addition to operating the metal AM systems, you will also operate, on a need basis, equipment in the in-house machine shop, including manual and CNC machines; and will serve as a point of contact for outside machining services as needed.
- Excited about new challenges in the metal additive manufacturing and working in a fast-paced startup environment, eager to learn new skills
- Self-motivated, capable of setting and reaching ambitious goals
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline including but not limited to mechanical, industrial, manufacturing, materials and electronical engineering
- Experience in operating and working with high-tech production machinery, i.e. CNC machines, additive manufacturing, robotic welding, CMM or similar
- Hands-on experience and demonstrated skills in root cause analysis, trouble shooting and solution assessment for complex problems
- Team player with excellent communication skills
- Detail oriented, and well organized
- Frequently required to lift, push, pull and carry items up to 50 pounds
- Experience on metal powder handling and be able to wear a respirator for extended periods of time
- Experience with one or more AM-related technologies: welding, directed energy deposition (DED), powder bed fusion (PBF) is a plus
- Knowledge of CNC programming is a plus
- Experience with metal powders is a plus
- Experience with industrial manufacturing is a plus